The Downtown Open is back!
Grab your friends & your glory as you ride the streetcar down Main St, chipping off Kansas City’s landmarks & putting inside bars for this one of a kind Urban Golf Tournament! While you’ll find many of the amenities you’ve come to expect from a typical golf course, this will be anything but. Teeing off from rooftops, pitching from sidewalks and putting on street corners. No golf carts necessary as every hole is a short walk from the Ride KC Streetcar
We are once again teaming up with local companies to design an Urban Golf Course that traverse some of our city’s greatest landmarks from the River Market, Kansas City
, the Downtown Library, One Light Luxury Apartments
, Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts
, and more!
As the tournament winds down for the day, join us at The Clubhouse, otherwise known as Washington Square Park
, where the jeers from the crowd, live music, and booze will be potentially distracting as you play one of the many fun games in the park.
If you like bar crawls, casual competitions, beautiful May weather, urban recreation or any combination of the preceding you don’t want to miss this experience!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Individual golfers, no teams.
- Prizes will be given to best score overall, best outfit, hole-in-one putt and more!
What are the routes?
- How does this work?
- When you sign up, you pick a route. Each route will consist of 3 holes and have a chip and a putt at each hole. Each stop will have 4 urban golfers going at the same time in order to keep lines to a minimum. Once you're done golfing your 3 holes, head back to The Clubhouse (Washington Square Park) for prizes, music, games and more!
What you NEED:
- Route 1 - River Market, P&L & Crossroads
- Route 2 - Crossroads, Library & Kauffman
- Route 3 - Kauffman, River Market & P&L
- Route 4 - P&L, Crossroads & Library
- Route 5 - Library, Kauffman & River Market
What you DON'T need:
- Your ID
- Your Awesome Outfit
- Your Golf Skills
I'm left-handed, will there be clubs for me?
So, we'll be chipping downtown - how do we not do any damage with the golf balls?
- Your Own Clubs - Thanks Callaway Golf
- Your Own Balls - giggity.
- A Printed Ticket - Save the Trees!
- Cash for the Streetcar - IT'S FREE
I don't want to participate in the event, but I still want to come - is that an option?
- At the chip holes, we'll be using practice balls made with "cross-linked foaming" that decompresses on impact, then re-forms. They're heavier than a wiffle ball but much lighter than a real golf ball but travel about one-third the distance of real golf balls. They're much softer than real golf balls, making it safe for use in more locations.
Will there be an after party?
- Well, you're going to miss out on an amazing time, but yes you can join the party! Washington Square Park will be open to the public. Come hang out, grab a drink and cheer on your favorite golfer!
- You know it! There will be an awesome after party at The Clubhouse, otherwise known as Washington Square Park, starting at 5:00 pm with live music, food trucks and more prizes!
A portion of the proceeds will go to Uncover KC
! Thanks for providing volunteers for the event.
Huge thanks to our sponsors who we couldn't do this without!